Is found in
- Bachelor of International Communication Management, programme stage 3
This is a single course unit.
Course sequence (VT)
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Total study time: 100,00 hours
Possible deadlines for learning account: 01.12.2020 ()
This course unit is marked out of 20 (rounded to an integer).
Re-sit exam: is possible.
Teaching staff: De Veirman Marijke, Manesse Frank
Language course: No
Scheduled for: Semester 5
Final competences (list)
|COM/0334||3V14 Gives examples of how communication can support the innovation process in organizations.||learning goal broadening/deepening||BS
|COM/0811||8V1 Discusses how technological innovations can be used for communication.||learning goal broadening/deepening||BS
|COM/0822||8V12 Reflects critically on the ethical and legal consequences of technological innovations.||learning goal broadening/deepening||BS
Starting from a number of concrete and eloquent cases (presented by guest speakers) we consider the possible consequences and the ethical side of innovations and innovation management.
We'll go deeper into the following themes:
- The essence of innovation (innovating products, services and processes)
- New technologies as triggers of innovation
- The process of innovation (innovation management)
- Situation of Flanders in the field of innovation (Vlaio)
- The ethical consequences of innovation (AI, data sets, bias in algorithms, GDPR)
- Different models of innovation
- Ethical issues
- Ethical innovation
Learning material (list)
- For sale through sales service
- In stock
Educational organisation (list)
Educational organisation (text)
Lectures are alternated with workshops in smaller groups. Guest speakers are provided. Preparatory assignments (blended learning) are provided for some lessons.
Education and assessment will be organised as described on these ECTS sheets, except when measures must be taken due to a pandemic, and other education and assessment methods are used accordingly.
Evaluation(s) for first exam chance
|First term within exam period||Paper||100,00||
Evaluation(s) for re-sit exam
|Third term within exam period||Paper||100,00||
Evaluation: on campus or online.